topic Getting Started
- Install the Bootstrap base theme in
sites/all/themesor a similar
- Enable the Drupal Bootstrap base theme. If you do not intend to use the base theme as the default theme, and instead choose to create a sub-theme, you will still need to enable the Drupal Bootstrap base theme (see warning below).
- Ensure your site's jQuery version has been configured to meet the Bootstrap Framework minimum version requirement. The preferred method for updating Drupal's jQuery is to install the jQuery Update module.
WARNING: Due to a bug in Drupal 7, base themes may appear to still "work" even if they are not enabled. This fact does not mean that the base theme still isn't required to be enabled. Not all features will work properly if the base theme is disabled, especially if certain functionality relies on a list of "enabled" themes.
Bootstrap Framework Fundamentals
Generally speaking, you should really read the entire Bootstrap Framework documentation site, if you haven't already. Here are the four basic "sections" that site is split into:
- Getting Started - An overview of the Bootstrap Framework, how to download and use, basic templates and examples, and more.
- CSS - Global CSS settings, fundamental HTML elements styled and enhanced with extensible classes, and an advanced grid system.
- Components - Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more.